Hurricane Ida hit the Louisiana coast full force as a catastrophic Category 4 storm Sunday, 16 years to the day after Hurricane Katrina struck. The lives of those in its path have been turned upside down. Their homes are damaged and in some cases are a complete loss. KCBI’s ministry partner, Texas Baptist Men, is among the local organizations mobilizing volunteers to serve on the ground, deploying a mobile mass feeding kitchen that can provide 30,000 meals a day, a shower and laundry unit, an electrical support unit and materials to provide temporary roofs.
Here is how you can help:
- Texas Baptist Men asks for prayer
- For families who have suffered the loss of a loved one, injuries and the damage or loss of their homes
- That God will guide and strengthen TBM volunteers and will work through them to provide hope, comfort and peace
- The ministry is accepting water and cleaning supplies this week. Here’s a list: https://www.tbmtx.org/disaster-relief-donations
- Another ministry partner that is on the ground in Louisiana is Convoy of Hope, is also providing food, water and relief supplies. Learn more at this link.
- You can also help by giving financially here.
Thank you in advance for praying, caring about and helping those who have been devastated by this storm.