The Development Associate is responsible for actively building and managing individual relationships with donors. The employee will be expected to build relationships, oversee stewardship and solicitation of individual donors. This will be done through securing current and prospective donors to attend donor events, cultivating and securing gifts from past donors and acquiring and growing new gifts from current donors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Involve donors in the ministry by aligning their passions and interests, ask for gifts, secure donations; thank donors, inform them of the impact of their gifts
- Develop personal stewardship techniques to retain and upgrade donors through enhancing their donor journey
- Identify donors with major gift potential
- Develop solicitation strategy to increase gifts from lapsed, monthly, and mid-level donors
- Respond to all inbound calls, emails, and correspondence within a timely manner.
- Identify, research, qualify, and engage prospects for events and personal solicitation
- Move donors to solicitation and closure in an appropriate and timely fashion
- Manage relationships between lapsed, monthly, and mid-level donors
- Research donor and prospect backgrounds
- Maintain accurate records in a CRM database in a timely manner
- Engage current donors and donor prospects in ongoing dialogue about how their vision and passion are matched with the ministry and mission of KCBI
- Assist with various KCBI station fundraisers per year
- Work with the Director of Donor Relations with scheduling, planning and execution of donor events.
- Provide detailed analysis reports measuring fundraising activities moving toward closing gifts and stewarding long-term relationships
- Periodic weekend and evening tasks are required, such as, but not limited to fundraisers and donor development events
- All other duties as assigned
- Must have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ
- Must be passionate to the mission of KCBI
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel is preferred.
- Must be familiar with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems in general
- Must be highly organized
- Must have excellent people skills and the ability to build relationships at all levels
- Allegiance or Raiser’s Edge database experience is a plus
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable transportation during in-person visits.
Email your resume with cover letter to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. EOE