In my opinion, the BEST recipes are on the labels! Best pecan pie – on the back of the Karo syrup label. The BEST green bean casserole is on the Campbell’s cream of mushroom soup label and THE BEST chocolate chip cookies are made from this recipe from the Toll House chips label. We got store brand chocolate chips in our curbside order so I looked this one up for all of us! Enjoy!
Original Nestle® Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies
This famous classic American cookie is a treat no matter what the age or occasion. Enjoy it with a glass of cold milk.
Prep: 15 mins
Additional: 15 mins
Total: 39 mins
Yield: 60 servings
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups NESTLE® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Step 2: Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in morsels and nuts. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Step 3: Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
* May be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in freezer for up to 8 weeks.
PAN COOKIE VARIATION: Grease 15 x 10-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare dough as above. Spread into prepared pan. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack. Makes 4 dozen bars.
SLICE AND BAKE COOKIE VARIATION: Prepare dough as above. Divide in half; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each half into 15-inch log; wrap in waxed paper. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.* Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 5 dozen cookies.
FOR HIGH ALTITUDE BAKING (5,200 feet): Increase flour to 2 1/2 cups. Add 2 teaspoons water with flour and reduce both granulated sugar and brown sugar to 2/3 cup each. Bake drop cookies for 8 to 10 minutes and pan cookie for 17 to 19 minutes.
Per Serving: 108 calories; protein 1.4g 3% DV; carbohydrates 12.7g 4% DV; fat 6.2g 10% DV; cholesterol 14.3mg 5% DV; sodium 84.8mg 3% DV.